Many people, mostly, women prefer DIY hair dry to change their look. It is less costly and time-consuming than going to a parlor or hair groomer. However, it also runs the risk of staining walls with hair dye.
Thus, knowing how to remove hair dye from walls will help you retain the home appearance tidy. Also, it brings peace of mind, and you can focus on the hair coloring process accurately.
How to Remove Hair Dye from Walls
We all know that hair dyes are one of the most lasting dyes in the market. Its purpose is to stay for a long time on the hair and withstand water and shampoo usage. Thus, you will have to find the best ways to remove the hair dye correctly.
How to Remove Hair Dye from Painted Walls
At times you might desperately want to experiment with hair color at home. And with your awe, you will dye stains on the painted wall. If you have the paint available at home, you can quickly fix the painted wall’s stain.
Sadly, you won’t find the right paint at such essential moments. Thus, you will have to consider removing the hair dye from the painted wall. The process is, fortunately, straightforward, and easy to follow.
- You must act quickly to remove the hair dye. If the paint gets stuck and dry on the painted wall, you will find removing it extremely challenging. So, be fast.
- You will have to effectively and cleverly use rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover for it. At first, find a clean piece of cloth and pour some rubbing alcohol on it. The fabric needs to be entirely soaked with rubbing alcohol.
- Rub the soaked piece of cloth on the stained wall mildly. You have to rub the cloth in one direction so that the hair dye doesn’t spread instead of being removed.
- Alternatively, you might use vinegar to soak the cloth and rub it on the wall.
- Another great solution is the use of bleaching powder. You should mix it with lukewarm water for the best result. Nonetheless, you must wear gloves to use bleaching power since it stains on cloth. So, please wear old clothes for them.
How to Remove Hair Dye from Shower Walls
Shower walls often come with ceramic or porcelain tile. So, removing the stain from the shower walls is different from removing hair dye from the painted wall. Luckily, when it comes to removing hair dye for shower walls and tiles, the process is straightforward.
You can use any type of toothpaste to remove the stain from the shower wall. Also, use a soft-bristled toothbrush so that you don’t damage the wall in the process. Alternatively, you can use rubbing alcohol, bleach, nail polish removal, or vinegar with the toothbrush.
We would also recommend you WD-40. It is a professional color and stain removal solution and works brilliantly on most surfaces. It is best for bathroom and shower walls with tiles.
But if you think about using WD-40 solution on painted walls, you should pour it on a small section beforehand. Check the effect and if it doesn’t damage the wall paint, then proceed to remove the hair dye stain with it.
Use of Magic Eraser for How to Remove Hair Dye Stains from Walls
Another product that experts recommend using to remove stain from walls is the Magic Eraser. It is a famous cleaning agent from the dependable Mr. Clean and does wonder in removing the stains. It is a simple sponge but brings great results.
- Wet the Magic Eraser in the clear water of a running tap.
- Squeeze the sponge made eraser to remove its excess water.
- Finally, scrub the stain with the soaked eraser. Repeat the scrubbing until the color is entirely erased from the wall.
- Dry the wall with a clean microfiber cloth.
DIY hair dye at home brings benefits. But it also causes stain on the wall, which at times may seem challenging to get rid of properly. Therefore, this guideline on how to remove hair dye from walls would benefit you greatly.
It helps you to fix the stains quickly. So, you won’t have to be concerned about such notorious stains on the painted, shower, or regular walls anymore. Also, it only takes a few minutes. It is thus both a time and money-saving alternative.