A few days ago, as I was stalking my emails, one mail caught my attraction- for it was a weird one. A 50 years old clergyman had sought information on how to remove hair dye from the bathtub. Now that was the least I expected. Yet, I wanted to help him and decided to do some research on the topic.
Guess what; I found tons of people asking the same question on how to get hair dye out of the bathtub. Therefore, I am sharing my research and later testified results to help you out from such an odd problem.
Remember that removing hair dye stains is more stringent than applying them. I thus expect you to go through the full article to know the details before you use them in your bathtub.
Effective Ways to Remove Hair Dye Stains from Bathtub
Hair dye jobs often leave their stains on our bathtub adding a vicious problem to your normal life. However, as long as you opt for the right ways, hair dye removal from the bathtub is an easy and effortless job.
Removing Hair Dye from Acrylic and Fiberglass Bathtubs
Acrylic and fiberglass bathtubs are one of the most luxurious bathtubs available in the market. They will need special care for removing hair dye stains. This quick overview on how to get hair dye off a bathtub made from fiberglass or acrylic will be handy for you.
- At first, add some boiling water to your bathtub. Make sure that it has covered the dye-stained area fully.
- Then, take five to six Denture tablets. Put it in hot water.
- Wait overnight so that the tablet gets adequately mixed with the water. The overnight wait will be worth it since by this time the stain will become soft.
- When you wake up in the morning, drain the bathtub and use a clean piece of cloth to wipe off the entire tub. Your bathtub will look afresh.
It is one of the most convenient ways to remove hair dye stains from the bathtub.
- Take a handful of Borax.
- Put it into a cup full of water. Stir the mixture so that it dilutes accurately.
- Use a clean scrubber to apply the solution to the stained area. Apply a bit of strength while scrubbing the stain.
- Lastly, use clean water to wipe out the area to get back your all clean and stain-free bathtub.
- At first, dampen a regular cleaning cloth using freshwater.
- Pour some baking soda on the already dampened cloth.
- Apply the baking soda mixed cloth on the stain and scrub it.
- Now rinse off the tub using water to get rid of the vicious hair dye stain.
This method holds the capability to remove even the toughest stain from your bathtub effectively.
- Take a regular spray bottle. Fill 1/4th of it with hot water.
- Add some standard cleaning bleach with the water and shake the spray bottle to mix the solution well.
- Spray it on the stain, wait for few minutes and rinse it off using a clean and soft sponge.
Cleaning Hair Dye Stains from Cast-Iron and Porcelain Tubs
The four methods mentioned above will be effective on porcelain and cast-irons also. However, there are two more effective ways on how to prevent hair dye from staining bathtubs. Those are-
At first, you will need to crush at least two-three denture tablets thoroughly. Now add a few drops of hot water with the tablets. Stir it well to create a dense paste. Use a sponge to apply the paste to the stains and let it soak the stain for the next 20 minutes. Use the same sponge and water to wipe off the area.
It is as easy as anyone gets. Pour some professional powdered or liquid cleanser on a dampened sponge. Then scrub the stained area with the sponge and apply water to remove the residue.
Removing Red Hair Dye from a Bathtub
Removing red hair dye requires one extra step apart from all the methods mentioned above. You will need to apply hair bleach to remove the stains. After applying the hair bleach, use a sponge to rub and rinse the stained area with water. In case you don’t find hair bleach, a regular nail polish remover will do the job accurately.
I guess now you have understood the processes about how to get hair dye stains out of a bathtub. So, next time, don’t get freaky crazy if har dye creates stains in the bathtub. Apply any methods you wish and get a stained-free fresh bathtub.